Mussell Crane Mfg. and the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation are proud to introduce a Provincial Government funded 16-week Heavy Industrial Manufacturing Training Program for people receiving Employment Insurance Benefits.
This training is designed to reduce the skill gap that exists between what newly hired workers know and what employers need. It helps to increase safety and productivity while giving companies the opportunity to evaluate potential new employees. The participants benefit from this education by boosting their confidence and increasing their skills and knowledge, thus increasing their employability and their ability to attain and maintain manufacturing work.
Clients will receive classroom instruction in life skills, employability skills, workplace readiness and safety in manufacturing training at Mussell Crane. In addition, they will attend the University of the Fraser Valley for four weeks to learn introduction to manufacturing. Then clients will return to Mussell Crane Mfg. to gain industry skills certifications. Once participants have successfully completed all these training components, they will then be hosted by a local employer for a 4 week work experience placement. Clients will receive an additional 2 weeks of job search support if required.
This program provides an excellent opportunity to meet the staffing needs of employers and the employment readiness preparation for the participants.
Stakeholders in this Program Include:
- Ministry Of Social Development and Social Innovation
- Mussell Crane Manufacturing
- University of the Fraser Valley
- WorkBC Employment Services Centers
- Sto:lo Nation
- Chilliwack Chamber of Commerce
- Chilliwack Economic Partner Corporation
- Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters
- Fraser Valley Manufacturing Employers
- Chilliwack School District
- Ann Davis Transition Society
- Provide quality instruction, training and certifications
- Secure local manufacturing work experience placements
- Support participants with manufacturing job search
- Improved life and essential skills
- Enhanced employability skills
- Occupation-related skills and certifications
- Increased success in finding sustainable employment
- 16 week program
- Collaborative group setting
- Student focused environment
- Minimum 75% of training occurring in a classroom setting
- Maximum 25% of training occurring during a work experience placement